We want a world where kids can be kids - free, playful and unburdened.
Since the founding of ergobag, we have passionately worked on being the most sustainable elementary school brand and to keep our ecological footprint as small as possible. All of this with the goal of creating and maintaining a liveable environment for the elementary school children of today.
Sustainability has not just been an important part of our brand DNA since foundation. We are proud of being a pioneer and role model for over 10 years, becoming better every year and setting new, high standards again and again.
For a fact: any production company emits CO2. In cooperation with ClimatePartner, we calculate the CO2 emissions caused through our production of the ergobag ease, mini & the ECO HERO-Edition and compensate for this through select projects that contribute to an improvement of climate protection.
Furthermore, we also follow FSC-certifications or the origin from sustainable forestry for our paper-based products. We use climate-neutral services from DHL Go-Green or the DPD Green Delivery for shipping.
We are the first schoolbag brand to receive Green Button certification for our products! The ease blue and ECO HERO-Edition were certified.
As the first national seal, Green Button examines responsible companies and social and ecological sustainability in textile production. The seal includes 46 social and environmental criteria, while both social and ecological requirements must be complied with.
On the one hand, humane working conditions are in focus including compliance with minimum wages, work safety & a ban on forced labor. On the other hand, environment-friendly production plays an important role, for example, a ban on hazardous chemicals & softeners or the pollutant test for natural fibers used. In order to offer consumers certainty & the highest degree of transparency, independent inspection institutions, such as the TÜV Nord, perform the certifications.
• Foundation, products made of castor oil-based synthetic fiber
• Use of 10% recycled exterior fabrics
• ergobag becomes a bluesign system partner
• We provide transparency through the publication of our sewing companies & audit reports
• Membership in the Fair Wear Foundation (FWF)
• Obtainment of FWF Leader Status
• First ECO HERO-Edition: PFC-free backpack (interior and exterior materials & mesh made of 100% recycled materials)
• Complete schoolbag collection free of PFC
• First certified bluesign® product & climate-neutral products: ease S. ease L & mini.
• Beginning of cooperation with ClimatePartner
• Publication of all suppliers of the individual parts & sub-contractors
• First brand with schoolbags as certified bluesign® product for schoolbags: the ECO HERO Edition 2020
• First use of organic-based plastic (castor oil)
• First use of renewable raw materials (algae foam, BLOOM™ foam)
• Green Button licensing: ECO HERO-Edition, ease S & L, mini
Make our annual savings transparent. As the past has already shown, we have already reached a few milestones. Nevertheless, we won't stand still and work daily on making our footprint smaller and challenge ourselves again and again, year after year.